Monday, June 26, 2006

Hair Care Holiday


People have commented, "Oh, you cut your hair?!" Yes. Thank you. I know that's some people's way of not telling me it looks awful. Thank you again. Anyway, as I thought back to my childhood, I realized the trauma my hair has caused me. Just off the top of my head I can think of 3 specific instances that could drive me to this new look:
(1) when I was about 5 years old, my brother decided the sun-heated, pliable, hot tar from the street would be fun to add to my blonde hair. It was not fun and my mother gave me an unexpected hair cut while my brother cried in the corner
(2) When I was about 8, the minimum wage employee at SuperCuts was giving me the then trendy flattop haircut. Apparently, she wasn't totally familiar with operation of her instruments and created a quarter-sized bald spot on the side of my head. Somehow, she made it perfectly round and then that one spot got sunburned. About a week later, I was at the doctor and he immediately suggested we run tests on this unusaul mark on my head. Not funny.
(3) I went to some beautician lady when I was about 13 and she told me I had the perfect hair for a perm. Can you imagine me with tight blonde curls? I'm afraid I might look something like Jonny Fairplay and that's definitely something we all want to avoid.
You can clearly see the trauma I've experienced. Plus, this new look allows me to wake up at 7:42 and still make it to work by 8:00. I'm sure you understand the importance of this.
Anyone's free to rub my head for good luck.

7 comments:

RC HAMMER said...

Ouch! I think your new hair cut looks good. You won't have to get it cut again too for a while...
Hammer out.

RC Hammer

Ruth said...

Glad to have all this cleared up. :P

RC HAMMER said...

There's a new blog where you can post along with everyone else. It is ran by the Moose and RC Hammer. It is called: http://everyonewrites.blogspot.com. The password is Godisgood! and the username is Everyone6. Please don't edit profile, mess with tempelate, or anything.,. just post! Be sure to leave the name of your real blog when you post and don't post any bad pictures and don't talk bad. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I like the hair or lack there of!

RC HAMMER said...

How do you get the ejucated questions bubble box thingy?
Hammer out.

RC Hammer

COrealtor said...

RC Hammer - to get polls/surveys, and lots of other free things, click on the "Bravenet" Icon button on the top right of my blog

Anonymous said...

About that tar thing, nobody ever told me it wouldn’t come out. Was I cring becuase of your hair or becuase the tar was hot?

I still don’t think its fair your head is actually round and smooth, plus I thought I would have leveled the playing field with the laundry basket and the staircase game?