Friday, July 24, 2015

Adding to the "Random Job List" on my resume

Well, I've done a lot of random things and I somewhat pride myself in having unique jobs that make great stories. For instance, here are a few of the things I've done:

  • I've been 3 different costumed characters, including Chuck E Cheese
  • I've been an actor in a T.V. pilot (that never aired)
  • I've worked at 3 radio stations and been a radio DJ
  • I've played the piano as a volunteer at a nursing home
  • I've given guided tours
  • I've worked in a hotel
  • I've worked at an insurance office
  • I've been an assistant manager of a shoe store
  • I've been a janitor/maintenance guy
  • I've taught improv skills to major corporations like NASA, Mars, Cochlear, Anti-Doping Agency, etc.
  • I was the "try a chicken sample" guy in the mall for Chick-fil-A
  • I've been a real estate agent
  • I've handled key accounts and called on clients including Target, Groupon, Wal-Mart, Amazon, etc.
  • I've been an improv comedy actor for 10+ years
  • I've sold booth space, advertising, corporate sponsorships, homes, shoes, books, Bibles, food, etc.
  • I've emceed various events including weddings, parties, silent auctions, dinner-dances, etc.
  • I've been a Couchsurfer, staying at random people's homes on trips and vacations (not really a job, but sometimes it's not exactly a vacation :)
  • I've done social media for companies like Chick-fil-A
  • ....plus some failed businesses which all gave me more experience and life lessons
.....and now, I'm driving for Lyft. If you're not familiar with Lyft, it's much like Uber (except better) and provides a cheaper and more friendly alternative to taxi cabs. It's a total disrupter for the transportation industry and seemed like a great place to meet new people, have new experiences, and collect some amazing stories.

I'm excited to start another venture, and if you're interested in giving it a try as a rider you can sign up and download the app (plus take a ride) to help me out.

Even better, if you want to join me on the road as a driver we can both get a little spiff if you join and drive.

But seriously, this isn't an advertisement, more just an update in my latest journey as I'm back in Colorado trying to figure out the next thing. Thanks for your continued thoughts and prayers as I continue in my journey.

2 comments:

Cheezyfrye said...

Welcome back Toby! It would be good to see you again. Should Delbert and I plan to come eat lunch over at the Marriot so you can wait on us? :) Or are you actually free for lunch yourself on some workdays?

COrealtor said...

Thanks great to be back. I work nights so let's do lunch sometime