Thursday, February 20, 2014

The smallest hotel room I've ever had

I recently had to plan a last minute trip to New York City.  Hotels can be expensive, so I was doing my best to find some cheaper options under $200.  A co-worker recommended The Pod Hotel to me and I decided to give it a try.

They have two locations in New York City, Pod51 and Pod39 (both on the corresponding streets in the city). These are efficiency hotels with small sleeping rooms (and shared bathrooms at Pod51) but it totally makes sense. Plus, the famous Salvation Taco is located in the lobby.  It's been featured on Eater, Thrillist and more.

I slept on a twin bed, with less than 100 square feet, but seriously, you're in New York City - the only thing you need your room for is to sleep!  It was $135 on the weekend, and $110 on weeknights for a trendy, hip hotel conveniently located.

You need to check them out if you're going the city!
Pod 51 (the original Pod Hotel, with shared bathrooms)
Pod 39 (private bathrooms and the newest in The Pod Hotel family)



No comments: